JuiceFS Cloud Service
JuiceFS is a distributed file system, and JuiceFS Cloud Service is a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) provided by Juicedata. It is built on top of JuiceFS the open source project, but adds a series of powerful features tailored for enterprise customers, and is shipped with an in-house developed, high performance metadata engine, so your team can use and manage JuiceFS storage more easily. JuiceFS Cloud Service is pay-as-you-go, in addition, an Enterprise Edition that can be deployed privately is also available to meet your storage needs at different business stages. Check the price plan.
JuiceFS separates "data" and "metadata" storage. File is split into chunks and stored in object storage like Amazon S3, and metadata (directories, file names) is stored in our in-house developed metadata engine.
JuiceFS provides rich APIs for various forms of data management, analysis, archiving, and backup. It can seamlessly integrate with big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence and other application platforms without modifying code, and provide massive, elastic and high-performance storage at low cost.
- POSIX Compatible JuiceFS can be used like a local file system, completely passed the pjdfstest used to verify POSIX compatibility, and passed the Linux Test Project used to verify Linux software reliability with a success rate of more than 99%, making it easy to integrate with existing applications.
- Distributed: Each file system can be mounted on thousands of servers at the same time with high-performance concurrent reads and writes on shared data.
- Cloud-Native: It is easy to use JuiceFS in Kubernetes via CSI Driver.
- HDFS Compatible: Through Hadoop Java SDK to bring stronger metadata performance, easier scaling and management architecture to the Hadoop ecosystem;
- S3 Compatible: JuiceFS provides S3 gateway to implement an S3-compatible access interface.
- Strong Consistency: Any committed changes in files will be visible on all servers immediately, refer to "Cache".
- Outstanding Performance: The latency can be down to a few milliseconds, and the throughput can be nearly unlimited depending on object storage scale (see performance test results).
- Data Security: JuiceFS supports encryption in transit and encryption at rest, see Data Encryption).
- File Lock: JuiceFS supports BSD lock (flock) and POSIX lock (fcntl).
- Data Compression: JuiceFS supports LZ4 and Zstandard compression algorithms to save storage space.
JuiceFS is designed for massive data storage and can be used as an alternative to many distributed file systems and network file systems, especially for the following scenarios.
- Big Data Analytics: JuiceFS is compatible with HDFS and can be seamlessly integrated with mainstream computing engines (Spark, Presto, Hive, etc.), bringing much better performance than directly using object storage.
- Machine Learning: JuiceFS is compatible with POSIX, and supports all machine learning and deep learning frameworks; As a shareable file storage, JuiceFS can improve the efficiency of team management and data usage.
- Kubernetes: JuiceFS supports Kubernetes CSI, providing decoupled persistent storage for pods so that you application can be stateless, also great for data sharing among containers.
- Shared Workspace: JuiceFS file system can be mounted on any host; no restrictions to client concurrent read/write; POSIX compatible with existing data flow and scripting operations.
- Data Backup: Back up all kinds of data in scalable storage space without limitation; combined with the shared mount feature, data from multiple hosts can be aggregated into one place and then backed up together.