Challenges and pain points
- The Kubernetes container platform needs shared storage that supports ReadWriteMany to ensure simultaneous reading and writing of multiple pods for data sharing among different applications;
- During the startup process of the application container, a large number of external dependencies may need to be downloaded at the same time, and it is necessary to provide stable and efficient data access capabilities;
- Big data platforms and AI platforms are increasingly dependent on Kubernetes and need to support the storage requirements of different platforms.
- How to choose the storage to migrate traditional NAS-oriented applications to Kubernetes?
- JuiceFS is Kubernetes eco-friendly by providing Kubernetes CSI Driver to support accessing data through PersistentVolumeClaim, the Kubernetes-native storage solution;
- The Volume of JuiceFS supports ReadWriteMany and ReadOnlyMany modes to meet the access requirements of different types of applications;
- JuiceFS CSI Driver supports automatic recovery of mount point failures to ensure the availability of data accessed by application containers;
- JuiceFS supports simultaneous mounting and concurrent reading and writing of thousands of clients, and supports the usage scenarios of large-scale applications of the Kubernetes container platform;
- The caching feature of JuiceFS can reduce the load pressure of simultaneous data access for large-scale applications.
Solutions and benefits
- Applications on your Kubernetes platform can transparently share data by mounting the existing JuiceFS directory to the application through Static Provisioning;
- JuiceFS supports thousands of containers to read and write file systems at the same time and provides stable and efficient access capabilities to solve the problem of data sharing between applications by dynamically creating PersistentVolumes through Dynamic Provisioning to isolate the data of different application containers;
- JuiceFS supports sharing data within teams and members with different levels of access control by subdirectory mounting to ensure data privacy and security.