Terms of Service ("Terms")
Last updated: March 22, 2018
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the https://juicefs.com website and JuiceFS (the "Service") operated by Juicedata, Inc ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal purpose or to violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
- You must provide a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- The Professional plan of the Service is offered with a free trial for 30 days. Your plan will change to the Free plan at trial expiry and filesystems are frozen if quota is in excess of the Free plan limits.
- When subscribed to the Professional plan, failure to pay with result in the account being frozen until payment is made.
- For any upgrade in plan level, will result in the new rate being charged at the current billing cycle. There will be no prorating for downgrades in between billing cycles.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of features or capacity of your account. The Company does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Destroy button in the settings page at the top-right corner of the Console. You should delete all of your filesystem and unmount all clients before removing your account of the Service.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your will be charged for the usage in this billing cycle.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- The Company reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of the Service with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services are subject to change upon 90 days notice, unless your organization has entered into a Enterprise contract with Juicedata, Inc, then the terms of the contract apply. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the JuiceFS website or the Service itself.
- The Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All data stored in the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- You understand that the Company uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by the Company.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (iv) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Company and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and the Company (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.